1961 Swissa Junior #6102535
Status: My Collection
Created: 02-12-2013 at 01:41PM
Last Edit: 11-15-2020 at 11:36PM
A wonderful Swissa Junior with a unique cubic typeface, gifted to me by Adwoa of Retro Tech Geneva, all the way from Switzerland. Freshly recovered platen by Ames. Once you get over the z/y switcheroo, it's an amazingly snappy and fast typer.
- Swissa Junior!
- Air Swissa, Golden Touch and Culling the Herdâ€¦
- Kipling Fixed (with video), plus Swissa Returns!
- I am Thankfulâ€¦
- 8th Phoenix Type-In Report, and an afterparty with the Albuqwerty Type Writer Society
- UJTU: Whatâ€™s on my desk, yet more TRB discounts and my 30 days without Windows coinâ€¦
- Double-Strike Typewriter Bolding Tests, Part 1
- Virtual Hermans â€“ How to use The Typewriter Database, and random thoughtsâ€¦
Hunter: Ted Munk (munk)
I am a scoundrel without a cause, and my swank outshines the sun.
I am a casual Typewriter Hunter residing in the sweltering deserts of Arizona with a wife, three cats and about 50 typewriters. My main hunting ground is thrift stores, and I rarely pay more than $10 for a machine. My collection consists mainly of portables with cases, and they stay in the cases unless I am actively using it (usually more than one at a time). I do, however keep a handful of interesting Selectrics, including a Composer and a couple of large Nakajima Electronics to use as daisywheel printers for my vintage laptop collection.
RESEARCH NOTE: When researching the Swissa Junior on a computer with lots of screen real estate, you may find that launching the Swissa Serial Number page and the Swissa Junior By Model/Year/Serial page in new browser windows can give you interesting perspectives on changes throughout the model series.