1959 Tower Chieftain III #3YT167056
Status: My Collection
Created: 03-08-2013 at 11:54PM
Last Edit: 10-02-2019 at 09:49PM
This poor Tower has had a hard life, and shows the scars of years of faithful service. He still is eager for adventure, compact and ready to go at a moment's notice. His name is "Indy".
- Indiana Jones, the 1957 Tower Skyriter
- Cool Night Typing, A Weird Selectric Ball and Typers to Bring to the Type-In â€“ UJTU
- On the â€śDeathâ€ť of the Typosphere, a Few Thoughts and Ideas
- Adjusting Escapement Trip on Smith-Corona Skyriter â€“ Solve Skipping Letters!
- UJTU: Slings & Arrows & things that Got Done
- UJTU: The Many Platens and Worlds Iâ€™ve Enjoyed Lately
Hunter: Ted Munk (munk)
I am a scoundrel without a cause, and my swank outshines the sun.
I am a casual Typewriter Hunter residing in the sweltering deserts of Arizona with a wife, three cats and about 50 typewriters. My main hunting ground is thrift stores, and I rarely pay more than $10 for a machine. My collection consists mainly of portables with cases, and they stay in the cases unless I am actively using it (usually more than one at a time). I do, however keep a handful of interesting Selectrics, including a Composer and a couple of large Nakajima Electronics to use as daisywheel printers for my vintage laptop collection.
RESEARCH NOTE: When researching the Tower Chieftain III on a computer with lots of screen real estate, you may find that launching the Tower Serial Number page and the Tower Chieftain III By Model/Year/Serial page in new browser windows can give you interesting perspectives on changes throughout the model series.